The following are requirements met when qualifying Startlight Cases with the military standard MIL-C-4150J for advanced applications.
1. Drop Test: The drop test was conducted with the cases conditioned from -65 degrees F to +165 degrees F and then dropped 40" onto the steel plate with 6" of cement backing. The cases were loaded with 20 lbs. of lead weight then dropped on every corner, edge, and face a total of 26 times. At no time did the cases show damage other than surface scratches.
2. Leak Test: This test is conducted in conjunction with the drop test. After passing the low and high temperature drop tests, the cases were subjected to a leak test of 4 psi pressure inside. It was submerged for three minutes at this temperature with no leakage. Under normal temperature conditions, using our pressure equalization valve the pressure inside the case is greater than the pressure outside. This insures no leakage. The U.S. Navy tested the SC-061016 to 100' in depth (40 +PSI) at the White Oak Weapon Station in Maryland and the case did not leak.
3. Weight Test: The same case was subjected to a stack of cases that have weight in them so the combined weight on the bottom case exceeds 600 lbs. The case passed the test with no deformation of the case when the weight was removed.
4. Fungus resistance: The case could not support or promote any fungus growth during a 28 day test where various spores of different variety were tested to determine if the case would support or produce any fungus growth. None occurred.
5. Environmental Requirements: The case was subject to a two week diurnal test in where the case was placed in a humid environment and the temperature was cycled to determine if any condensation would take place in the case. None Occured.
6. Rust Test: The spring loaded handles on the cases are zinc-plated ad then black oxidized so they will not trust. They have been certified to pass the 100-hour salt spray test. This is the equivalent to placing the handle in salt water for 10 years. No rust occured.
*Rifle not included
*Upper and lower must be seperated before fitting into case.