HIRING AND EMPLOYMENT
Armalite is regularly seeking talented, driven employees who have, or would like to have, experience in marketing, purchasing, assembly, machine shop, quality assurance, warehousing, and engineering.
Positions represented and available at Armalite span from entry level requiring no experience to positions requiring journeyman skill sets and formal education degrees.
Armalite provides a friendly, family oriented work environment which encourages participation and ideas from all levels of the organization and values those who attain goals set both by the organization and by the individual.
Armalite offers a competitive wage and benefit package including:
• Up to 4 weeks of vacation
• 10 paid holidays
• Employer matched 401(k)
• Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending) plans including a 90% employer paid medical plan
• Tuition reimbursement
Some of our employees are required to travel in support of Armalite’s business. Other employees are provided the opportunity to travel and many enjoy the work functions such as trade shows, shooting events and armorer’s training associated with travel for Armalite.
All of our employees who are residents of Illinois must possess or be able to obtain an Illinois Firearms Owner’s IDentification (FOID) card. Employees who are not residents of Illinois must possess or be able to obtain a similar document relevant to their state such as the Iowa Pistol Permit.
See below for a list of currently open positions. To submit an application for employment, simply fill out the APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM on this link and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our mail address:
P.O. Box 299
Geneseo IL 61254.
Email all resumes to email@example.com.
Graphics Designer/Marketing Assistant for immediate hire.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and will:
• Design, create and develop innovative design solutions to support the goals of the marketing department, sales team and company.
• Devise material with an overall look and feel that combines our heritage/legacy with the future in a competitive industry.
• Work with projects to include, but are not limited to, ad design, trade show and promotional material (print, booth graphics, product videos), catalog, e-blasts and newsletters, content for training and sales support, and social media material.
• Act as a Marketing Assistant to the Director aiding in day to day activities of the department including involvement with external parties from media, distributors, dealers and customers on a daily basis.
• Develop innovative design solutions to meet the goals/needs of the marketing department, sales team and company through ad campaigns, catalog design, brochures, specification sheets, promotions and trade show material
• Produces and develops e-blasts and monthly newsletters for distributors, dealers and consumers
• Manages and updates multiple email distribution lists and coordinates email marketing campaigns with the needs of the Sales Team.
• Prepares and edits written content, video and photography for marketing collateral
• Presents unique and fun ideas to support website and social media efforts through graphics, photography and video
• Proposes graphic ideas for packaging as new product becomes available
• Assists in writing copy or editing for promotional materials, articles, mailings and advertisements
• Assists in directing work performed by outside advertising agencies
• Assists in support sponsorship requests and approvals, event registration, tracking, events calendar, and communication on sponsored events and shooting team events
• Assists in coordinating events and seminars as requested
• Helps to develop and track marketing project deliverables
• Attends trade shows and marketing events as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or other related field
• Minimum 3 to 5 years work experience in advertising agency or design studio environment
• Proficient with Mac and PC operating systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills
• Graphic Design skills with proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and video editing software will be given first consideration
• Experience with email marketing using a platform such as Constant Contact
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and cross-functional teams
• Must be goal-oriented, must take direction well, be self-motivated and must be able to pay attention to detail while multi-tasking and manage multiple deadlines at the same time
• Ability to manage multiple projects, make timely decisions, anticipate problems, and provide creative solutions
• Some overnight travel may be required
• 3-5 years marketing experience
• Photography, video and editing skills
• Working knowledge and experience in Facebook, Twitter, Illustrator, Pinterest, WordPress, blogging, HTML, CSS, Web Design and SEO
• Photography and videography experience
• Microsoft Office Suite, Project, Share Point and Access
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking, primarily on a level surface for periodic times throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 50 pounds to arrange products or store files and computer print outs on occasion. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection may be required.
Primary environment: mostly ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment and photo areas using bright light that may increase the temperature of the room.
ArmaLite, celebrating 60 years as a name known for innovative and quality firearms, is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician II for immediate hire.
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
Job Summary: Maintain the quality assurance CMM program database, create and modify CMM programs using CMM Manager software, design CMM fixtures, inspect, test, sort, and sample raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications. Ability to use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment.
• Responsible for the creation, debugging, verification, and modification of CMM programs using CMM Manager software.
• Performs preventative maintenance on the CMM and determines when outside CMM maintenance is necessary.
• Participates in the design of fixtures necessary for accurate CMM inspection.
• Works closely with other members of the quality assurance department to optimize the inspection process between the CMM and manual inspection methods.
• Reviews and interprets engineering drawings, data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas, or measuring instruments required.
• Performs receiving inspection, in-process/assembly inspection, and end product inspection in accordance with approved inspection plans/procedures, and in priority sequence as may be dictated by organizations supported.
• Audits machine operator/assembly personnel in-process and final inspections for compliance and adequacy.
• Measures dimensions of products to verify conformance to engineering specifications, using measuring instruments such as height gauges, calipers, thread gauges, plug gauges, micrometers, optical comparator, CMM, etc.
• Compares colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
• Records inspection or test data and quantities inspected or graded.
• Rejects products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications and generates non-conformance reports (NCR’s) if non-conforming product is discovered then relays that information to the configuration control board for disposition.
• Documents inspection results by creating or maintaining Quality Control Plans that ensure critical dimensions are being met and controlled and that Quality Control Plans are up to date with engineering specifications.
• Performs final inspection duties by test firing firearms for function and accuracy, as needed, and ensures final product configuration conforms to engineering specifications.
• Responsible for safe and efficient test range maintenance and operation.
• Responsible for assuring that test ammunition/supplies are on hand and accounted for.
• Enters production data into Enterprise Resource Planning software.
• Assures inspection/test status is clearly known for all products and that non-conforming product is readily identified, controlled, and segregated to prevent inadvertent use.
• May have to generate or investigate corrective and preventative actions by conducting root cause analysis to prevent issues from occurring or recurring.
• Focal point for receipt/verification of information supplied in deviation requests from vendors before submitted to engineering for review.
• Completes other duties as assigned as priorities are shifted.
• Two years of CMM programming experience.
• Must be able to use various types of metrology equipment to perform complex inspection layouts and work independently.
• Must be able to read engineering blueprints and have basic math/trigonometry skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Ability to interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles according to ASME Y14.5.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to take initiative and troubleshoot problems.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and time management are essential.
• High school degree or equivalent certificate.
• Ability to obtain a FOID card or state equivalent.
• Programming experience with CMM Manager software
• Two year degree in a technology or manufacturing-related field.
• Firearms experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. This position may include lifting up to 50 pounds to examine parts, products, moving and storing product and ammunition. The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. Test range personal protective equipment includes dust masks, hearing protection, safety glasses, gloves, booties, and lab coats.
Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting, and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and optical comparators.
About ArmaLite: ArmaLite is the originator of the legendary AR-10® rifle. For more than 60 years, ArmaLite’s commitment to excellence has made our firearms the choice of military, law enforcement and sport shooters worldwide. ArmaLite has one of the broadest product lines in the firearms industry. We manufacture semi-automatic rifles in 5.56mm and 7.62mm calibers, as well as long range bolt action rifles in .308 Winchester, 300 Winchester Magnum, .338 Lapua, .416 Barrett and 50 BMG. ArmaLite is a subsidiary of Strategic Armory Corps. For more information on our company and products, visit: www.armalite.com